Thursday, 14 September 2017
Monday, 26 June 2017
Wednesday, 7 June 2017
Monday, 6 February 2017
Let UNISON work for YOU!
Attend your local Health Branch Annual General Meeting at 1200hrs - 1300hrs on Thursday 9th February 2017 in the Saltire Room.
Come along for your chance to win a £30 meal voucher to spend at the St. Ola Hotel.
Sandwiches, Tea & Coffee will be provided.
Join UNISON today on 01224 620624 and get involved!
Wednesday, 18 January 2017
All members of the UNISON Orkney Health Branch are invited to attend their Annual General Meeting which will be held on Thursday 9th February 2017 at 12pm in the Saltire Room, Balfour Hospital, where lunch will be provided.
A preliminary agenda will be sent to all members shortly, however this will be subject to changes and additions. We would ask that you let us know if you have anything you wish discussed at the AGM and we will endeavour to include your suggestions on the updated agenda.
Nomination forms along with a list of current committee members and stewards will also be sent to all members and we would encourage our members to submit nominations for their Branch Officers and Stewards. Please complete your nominations and return to Karen Spence no later than Friday 3rd February 2017. Please note that all current committee members and stewards need to be re-nominated.
All members are warmly invited and encouraged to attend. We look forward to seeing you there.
Your UNISON Orkney Health Branch is desperately in need of Committee members and stewards. Unfortunately, due to work commitments, and other issues, the current committee members are under extreme pressure to keep up to date with UNISON affairs, assisting our members, keep members informed, training, etc.
We write in the hope that you may consider coming on board with your local branch and helping to ensure the future of this committee. There are currently only 4 officers within your local branch and to have such limited representation for our members within NHS Orkney is not a situation we would wish to continue for much longer. This may result in limited representation available locally within NHS Orkney, unless interest is shown from members to become more active in branch matters and supporting fellow members.
If we had a few more committee members to help with some of our duties, this would make all the difference. Maybe you have received positive representation in the past and feel that you may be able to help someone in a similar situation in the future. Helping your colleagues to a better workplace can only be a positive action to take.
Please take some time to consider this request and don’t hesitate to contact one of the committee to discuss what may be involved, they will be only too happy to help. Even becoming a workplace contact can make all the difference.
Wednesday, 21 December 2016
UNISON's Orkney Health Branch would like to wish all their members a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Branch officers will be on leave over the festive period but should you require urgent advice or support, please contact UNISON Scotland on
08000 857 857
Members who were unable to attend the drop-in session on 18th November to collect their 2017 diaries should hope to receive them by Friday 23rd December as they will be delivered to your department. If however you have not received yours, please contact Karen Spence in the New Year.
Monday, 28 November 2016
Prepaid Plus Cashback Card – £796 Prize Draw Rules:
1. To be entered into the draw you must successfully apply for a Prepaid Plus Cashback card or be a Prepaid Plus cardholder before 19th December 2016.
2. Entrants must be 18 or over, union members and permanent residents in the UK.
3. The promoter of this offer is Union Income Limited (UI). Employees of Union Income Ltd and any company within the Embignell Ltd group, or their agents or families are ineligible.
4. Entry is strictly limited to one entry per member.
5. Entries must be received by 5pm on 19th December 2016. The draw will take place on 20th December 2016 and the winner will be advised by telephone on 21st December 2016.
6. No responsibility is taken for any entry which due to any circumstances is not delivered or is delayed.
7. There will be one winner and one prize.
8. The winner’s name will be made available for a period of 4 weeks after the draw is made. You can find out who the winner was by sending a stamped addressed envelope to UNISON Prepaid Plus Cashback Card Christmas Draw Result 2016, Union Income Limited, 39/51 Highgate Road, London NW5 1RT.
9. The prize is a £796 free load made to your UNISON Prepaid Plus Cashback card. There is no cash alternative.
10. Acceptance of the prize will be deemed as permission by the entrant for Union Income Ltd or any company within the Embignell Ltd group to use the winner’s name and photograph in publicity material.
11. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Any tax liabilities incurred through participation in the competition are the responsibility of the entrant.
13. By entering this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions.